My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Friday, August 16, 2013

2013 GFPD Conference

We look forward to the GFPD conference all year long. This year was a little difficult with my dad in the hospital and our family needing us but we also know what going to this conference means for Landen. It worked out that we went right as dad was getting transferred to Denver. My mom was going to come with us so we had already paid for her registration but for obvious reasons she couldn't go.. So we brought along my niece Tori. What a blessing she was she was able to help with the kids both on the two day car ride up and at the conference. As always we learned a lot from the medical/scientific speakers, and even more from the other families. We also received help and support from the medical staff who took the time to sit down with me and Landen.

The best part of these conferences are the family connections we make. Getting to know parents who are in all stages of this disease. We have parents whos children have just been diagnosed, parents like me with young children still trying to find a balance, parents who are experienced in the dad to day medical and emotional ins and outs of this disease and parents of angels. Everyone of them brings so much to our table. I love every part of it.

We had lots of fun time too. We spent an afternoon at the zoo, lots of swimming, we had a parents night out, we had dinner and swimming at the Lincoln Country Club, had dinner and fun at the Lincoln Children's Museum (braydens favorite). But I have to say my favorite was just spending time with the other moms. The support and advice and fun we have their are a unique thing. 

The 2013 GFPD Video 
Many of our wonderful families and our sweet children.

Pictures

GFPD family tree

Tori and Brayden climbing trees at the rest stop
♥ My boys ♥
Landen rode a horse at the zoo
Tori showing Brayden all about the bugs
 Landen ♥ Daddy
 As always amazing volunteers in the children s room
 I can't tell you how special these children are!
♥ Tracy getting her Landen time ♥
 Landen
 Balloon release
 Everyone loves a ball pit
 Always miss our Ezra friend...
Her family is the first we ever met with this disease
they live in Arizona miss them so much!
The Children's Museum was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment