My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mothers Day in The Hospital

Yep that right I spent mothers day in the hospital. Most everyone knows Landen was sick and had to spend time in the hospital last weekend but in case you were wondering here is what happened. Sunday (May 5th) Landen started getting sick. Monday he was upset and had a fever... fever continued Tuesday through Thursday up and down often around 103. Took him to the doctor on Tuesday and they started antibiotics. By Thursday his fever was more up then down and he stopped eating and drinking. I was gone with Brayden and my parents in Logan and by the time I got back he was so sick. I couldn't even give him much of a cool bath because he was so week and shaky. I rushed him to the ER in Tremonton and we spent most of the night there receiving fluids for his dehydration.

Friday I took him in as soon as I could to see his Pediatrician in Logan. He made the decision to admit Landen due to his high fever and dehydration. We spent all weekend there getting IV fluids and Meds. They were able to keep his fever under control and help him with the pain he was experencing in his tummy till he was well enough to keep eat and drink again. It wasn't until Sunday morning that his fever finally broke. We spent the rest of Sunday resting and eating as much oatmeal and yogurt that I could get him to eat. Even now that he is feeling much better he only wants yogurt and oatmeal. Monday the last of the many test results came back telling us that he had adenovirus.

Monday we went home but he was already starting to feel better. By Wednesday he was almost better. Now he is feeling great but still week. I expect it will take him another two weeks or so to regain the strength he lost... and hopefully the weight he lost as well.

I can't say it was the best mothers day that I ever had in fact it sucked being in the hospital and away from Brayden. But I'm very grateful for the way it all turned out it could have been a lot worse. I have to say that the nursing staff and our doctors did a wonderful job. Landen was sure loved by everyone there. Most of them remembered him from his stay after his CI surgery. I hope we don't have to meet again but chances are we will so I'm very glad that they are there for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment