My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

traveling

So its been awhile since we have really done much traveling... things have calmed down since the first weeks after our diagnosis. But we got out of the house this last week a few times! We went to Flagstaff on Wednesday Little Landen's hearing aids were starting to give lots of feedback so we are getting new molds for him. Fir those of you who don't deal with hearing aids everyday like me the molds are the part that go into the ear itself and when they get too small there is feedback from the speakers and it causes an annoying sound. Also I explain for you this is how they fit new ones... first they stick a tiny piece of foam with a string attached into his ear. Then they mix the goo stuff (that is its technical name hehe..) and the squirt it into his ear. The foam prevents it from going too deep and also assists them in taking it out when the goo hardens. I wish I had pictures to show you... In the past Landen has been wiggly and screaming through the whole experience (wouldn't you?) but this time he actually seemed to enjoy it! He laughed and flirted with the audiologist and had a wonderful time. We ordered BRIGHT colors for his new molds electric blue mixed with lime green! It will be so fun... I know that some of you wonder why I wouldn't get clear or flesh colored ones that blend in? I've even been asked that question by Landen's doctors! Even Landen's very first pair were bright blue! I accepted from the moment I first saw them on him that these hearing aids were just a part of him. I never intentionally took them out for pictures or anything like that (although there is pictures with him not wearing them cuz I can be forgetful or they were getting repaired) In fact I think they are darn cute! To the left there is the very first picture I took of him with his aids!

After our appointment we visited our friends who have a baby like Landen! We are so lucky to be able to see them when we go to Flagstaff! It was so fun to see them! Scott was upset that he couldn't make it. We talked and shared how things are going it seems that both Ezra and Landen have done quite a bit of growing in the last few months. Its so nice to be able to meet with them they understand our life better then most. We had dinner together and I ended up heading home a lot later then I originally planed.

Friday was our other trip this week Landen had his very first Physical and Occupational Therapies! We have to travel to Kingman for these every its about an hours drive for us. We will go every Friday for PT and every other Friday he will also have OT right after. Can I say again how much I love the ladies that help us! Landen had so much fun he was learning to use a walker this week we tried a front facing one next week we will try rear facing one. He practiced stepping and standing with the PT and we worked on strength, balance and textures with the OT. They are so amazing with Landen but they also know what they are doing! We are excited to continue to work with them.

Coming up this week is two more trips Tuesday he is finally having his speech evaluation so he can start therapy and Friday will be his regular PT! Just thought I'd leave you with one more cute picture of my Little Landen in his dinosaur PJ's! PS don't forget to check out our St Patrick's day card below!

No comments:

Post a Comment