My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Goodbye February! Hello March!

February is over it is a short month after all! Sometimes I feel like I could use those two extra days. We we are all finally feeling better for the most part . Which is nice although I sometimes miss the quite when they boys were trying to sleep it off. My little boys are two balls of energy! Baby Brayden especially!!! That boy has the energy of 3 monkeys all packed into the cutest little package! Brayden has done some major growing this month. He now has two teeth, eats almost anything he finds (even if its not food), climbs stairs, crawls faster then Landen, climbs on things and DRIVES HIS MOMMY CRAZY!!! But he is so much fun!

Little Landen has also made some new developments as well as I said in the last update he is feeding himself very well and with more work he is starting to tolerate more textures in his food. Still not a fan of plain bread but he will eat toast and jam! He is learning too! Starting to play more games with mommy! His new favorite? When he hears Mommy ROAR he gets all excited starts to laugh and look around and when he finally locates mommy he crawls his fastest the other direction and the chase is on! I chase Landen catch him and tickle him and Brayden chases me and piles on top! The two of them can go forever Mommy on the other hand can't! Landen loves to do this he will escape and look back laugh and run away all over again! He is playing with new toys and being more expressive and vocal! Its been wonderful!

February was a fun month we had PT and OT evaluations and hope to be starting therapy soon! We are just waiting for approval our insurance will only cover so many therapy sessions a year and since between physical, occupational and speech he will be getting therapy 2-3 times a week we will run through thous really fast so the state department of developmental disabilities (DDD) will be helping us with the rest. Its been a long fight to get him into these therapies and we are so excited to finally be getting some help!

February also brought Valentines day which was fun! The boys had fun making our little valentine if you haven't seen it you should I posted it previously! Their favorite part by far was when mommy let them at the chocolate!!! Their least favorite part was when mommy decided they had enough and took it away. I made cookies for valentines day and let the boys go crazy, eat and get as stick and messy as they wanted! It was a lot of sugar but its only once a year! Plus the fun din''t end their we got to take baths afterward. Bath time is the boys favorite!

February brought us lots of different weather and we took advantage of it! We took trips to the park when it was sunny! We all love the park! There really isn't much time here when its nice enough to take the boys out to the park its too hot during the summer. We love the park I love being outside and watching the boys explore. The boys love the swings and the grass. Landen could spend all day just exploring he loves to crawl all over and Brayden follows him wherever he goes. Then there was the rain something else we don't get much of in Arizona. Landen loves the rain! I take him outside where he can enjoy letting the rain hit his little fingers. I leave the door open with the gate up and Landen and Brayden will stand at it singing, dancing and laughing! Its really fun to watch makes mommy happy! (there is a video posted below)

Scott has been busy this month with work its hard for him working graves. He doesn't get as much time with the family as he would like but he does what he needs to do.

I've had an up and down month. Its been almost 6 months since we learned about this disease and it still something I'm learning to deal with and understand. I love my boys so much and feel so helpless at times. This disease is one unlike so many others where there is no way to fight sometimes it feels like there is no hope. I have to sit back and watch it happen and know what is coming and do nothing about it. And since I cannot fight the disease I work and fight for what I can! What I can do is give Landen a happy life, give him every advantage to make the most of his abilities and love him forever. I know I'm crazy when it comes to holidays and celebrating I do everything I can to make memories that will last even after my son is gone. In a way that is where I find my hope! I have been blessed to with the creation of a Facebook group for parents who have children with PBD's it has been and invaluable tool for me to be able to talk to other moms to see pictures and get to know other children like Little Landen! I'm making friends with other mothers who are going through this too!

I know this is long but I have one other thing... I want to send my love to my older sister who's son is in the hospital... for thous of you who know my sister and her kids they found a tumor in Jacob's brain Friday night I know how hard this is for our family. He had a biopsy and a shunt placed on Sunday night and hopefully they will know soon more about what we are dealing with. Our family is a close knit group of people... I feel so helpless far away but I'm constantly thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment