My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So here is what's going on...

So Landen started feeling a little low while we were winding up our trip to Utah. I noticed that he was acting uncomfortable and didn't want to move much but I was hoping that he was just worn out after being away from home for two and a half weeks. We flew home on Friday by then I was noticing he was going through fits of pain. It would come and go and he was very lethargic in between. I have been stressed out and worried for him all weekend but I knew he already had his three year wellcheck scheduled for Tuesday (yesterday) so I was holding out. Monday night he seemed to be okay and Tuesday morning he was just fine so I just left for the doctor prepared to discuss it but was no longer really concerned. Due to the alinement of the planets or something everything went wrong at the doctors office. The other doctor who see patients at his office was out leaving our doctor already backed up when as soon as I got into a room (and hour and fifteen minutes after my appointment) the computers went down! We always wait to see Doctor Barton he spends so much time with each patient that we always end up waiting but this was a record. We feel like this doctor is worth the wait because he does such a good job helping coordinate everything for Landen. Anyway back to the waiting room... Landen had one of his pain episodes in the waiting room and he didn't let up. By the time we got him back the whole staff knew that there was obviously something wrong. We had everyone in from nurses to receptionist trying to comfort him. The nurse gave him some Motrin and he was finally able to fall asleep for a few minutes but woke up screaming again. He was curled up in a little ball looking so sad... We hardly got to discuss anything else cuz it was obvious that Landen was in pain. So the doctor ordered some xrays and blood work to see if there was something obvious we could see causing it. We did that yesterday but I just got to talk to the doctor about an hour ago. There is a stomach virus going around that has landed some kids in the hospital already. It causes sever stomach cramps and gas. Landen's xrays are full of gas so he is pretty sure Landen has it. That plus the fact that my family was all sick when we were in Utah makes me believe he is right. He says as long as he doesn't get any worse and he is drinking lots of fluid we can just keep him home and try to make him feel comfortable while his body fights it off. This is a relief in a way a stomach virus is something I can deal with and take care of. So as of this moment though there is still much to do I feel my stress levels slowly descending... not back to normal but not nearly as high. As for the rest of the well check it mostly happened over the phone tonight. Except the height and weight. Landen is still 33inches like he was in January so he hasn't gotten much taller but he has lost weight. When he was seen at the CRS clinic a few months ago he was almost 24lbs but he is now only 22lbs 13oz which doesn't seem like a huge weight loss until you look at it in ratio to his weight. A little worrisome but he has been sick after all. So now its just waiting and caring for Landen till he gets better. Its hard as a mommy to watch him go through it and not be able to do anything about it. So for the next little while if I'm tired, stinky, irritable or just plain grouchy please forgive me I'm a busy mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment