My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grand Canyon

Its been a few days since our trip to the Grand Canyon to see my sisters family but I have been so busy getting back to real life that I haven't really had the time. Its been two weeks since I've had to deal with silly things like grocery shopping, bill, therapies, cleaning the house that sort of stuff and it all got backed up.

It was a fun trip! Eva didn't tell the kids we were coming she convinced them I was too busy to make the drive up so it was a surprise. I also made Victoria a cake since she celebrated her birthday the day before it was a surprise as well. So we left our house as soon as Scott got off work Friday morning and drove the 3 hours to the canyon. The kids were out walking down the sidewalk and were very surprised when they bumped into us who just happened to be there (wink wink). It was so nice to see them! We enjoyed walking the rim with the kids. My little boys got so much attention from all of their cousins. Maybe a little too much since Baby Brayden still thinks that someone should be holding him and playing with him at all times. Brayden is so cute and smart he knew just who to smile at to get taken out of the stroller... Eva or was it Tory? I think they are both guilty! I think Jacob spent more time in the stroller then he did. But it was good he doesn't get to see his cousins very often.

It seems like forever since I've spent time with Eva's family and I miss them already. One of the highlights of my trip was when me and Ethan were walking together and he grabbed my hand and said "I love you Aunt M, I miss you a lot" What a sweet kid. I loved watching my sisters girls take care of my kids and mother them. I use to babysit them when they were just babies themselves. Its hard to believe that if I lived closer I could have Tory babysit for me all the time. She use to tell me that if I did it for her then by the time I had kids Tory would be old enough to watch my kids. Now I live too far away to collect on that offer. My sister has five for those of you who don't know and she has done and amazing job with all of them. They have their moments like any kid would but over all they are very very good kids.

We spent the day walking and checking out the rim. Even Jacob seemed to handle everything very well and walked most of the day with us. We had dinner at the canyon and then Scott and I took the boys to Eva's hotel room to rest while they went to do some star gazing. That's when I was able to get Tory's cake out. I just set it on the table for her to find when they got back. Rebecca spotted it first but Tory's reaction was the best! She was so excited and was giving her mom hugs saying thank you over and over again. Then when she found out I made it she was so happy. It was a fun surprise!

Saturday was a long day we didn't get much sleep cuz the only hotel room we could get was in Williams so we had to drive the 50 miles there after the cake before we could fall asleep ourselves. Then it was up early the next morning with the kids. Scott really wanted to go to see the IMAX so we left Brayden with Eva thinking we would be able to catch up with them but because it was so crowded in the park and we had bad cell reception we really didn't meet up till late. Then we had lunch and headed home. Eva and Carl had an even longer day having to go back in the park one more time to try and find her missing camera bag and then had car troubles and so by the time they were leaving the park we were already home. They didn't arrive at our house till 10:30 and had to get going early. Its always hard to say goodbye but hopefully we will be able to go to Utah. I want to make a trip up to see my brothers baby who is going to be here very very soon but we still have so much going on.

1 comment:

  1. If you come, let me know! I would LOVE to come see you guys!

    ReplyDelete