My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Friday, March 21, 2014

10 Days Post Surgery

We are officially ten days post surgery and finally seeing Landen feel better. We have even made plans for him to return to school on Monday. Its been a long week for us. Landen obviously was in a lot of pain after the tonsillectomy and we had to keep him on pain killers which made him sleepy. Monday was a traumatic day for us. Sunday night Landen was bleeding a little bit, not much just a little. I told Scott that if he was still bleeding in the morning we would call the Dr. Sometime around 4am Landen was fussing so I went to pick him up and comfort him. I was rocking him in the dark for a few minutes and when I turned on the light I noticed my shirt had several bloody spots on it. I went back to the bedroom and turned on the light and the sheets and pillows all had blood on them. I called the ER in Logan and spoke to the on call ENT and he told us to head to Logan. We go there and the bleeding had completely stopped. The ER doctor asked us to stick around for a few hours just in case because he said "I hate for you to get to Beaver Dam and he starts bleeding again." So we did two hours later still nothing. Our ENT made us an appointment to come see him in office later that afternoon and we headed home. We got exactly to Beaver Dam (halfway home) and Landen started bleeding A LOT! It was enough to tarrify me even though our ENT told me over and over a little blood goes a long way. But trust me it was enough to soak through his PJ's and run all over the car seat. It really scared me. I will admit I'm not good in stressful situations, I'm not a nurse and I could never be a doctor so I panicked! I rushed as fast as my car could go back to Logan. I was present enough to think and call the ER as I sped into town so by the time I was at the hospital they already had a place for him in the OR. The procedure went fast and he was able to find and stop the bleed. I guess sometimes they get in there and can't find it. We ended up spending the day in pediatrics for observation and going home Tuesday morning. Landen has recover quite quickly from Monday's scare and feeling good. So although its been a long few days for us we are doing much better and hope soon to be back to our normal daily life again.

Must give our thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, phone calls and support we have received over the last week. Thank you to our families for chipping in and helping out and keeping me company while I keep Landen company at the hospital. And a big thanks to the AMAZING nurses at Logan Regional Hospital. We LOVE the nurses there. I prefer to go to Logan rather then go all the way to Primary's in Salt Lake. Don't get me wrong I love Primary's they are also amazing but its so nice to go to Logan and get the same room and the same nurses who remember us from our last stay. We have had 4 hospital stays in Logan just in the last 12 months and we have gotten to know some of the nurses very well. They remember Landen and they remember his likes and dislikes and often he is the only pediatric patent they have so he gets plenty of attention.

Thank you all for your support! Crossing our fingers its a long time before we have another hospital stay and Landen continues to grow strong and stay healthy. Plus I hate sleeping on hospital furniture!

Waiting for the original surgery.

Happy Boy

This is what it takes to keep a boy happy and pain free after surgery

Resting at home :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad he's home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is extremely useful.Everyday your diary inspire ME nice deal} and helped to develop one thing new like I actually have developed a replacement app how much for rhinoplasty this is often great and pleasurable.Thanks for the awing posts , please keep updated often.

    ReplyDelete