My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lets get this straight my son is a BLESSING!!

I can't believe some people!! I came home from Walmart today in tears... There I was putting my groceries and kids in the car and my two precious little angles where waving their hands and laughing as the wind blew in their faces (both of them especially Landen love the wind). When the stranger getting into his car next to me asked if they are twins. No I said like always they are almost 2 years apart. "Really" he said (I get that a lot) I told him like I always do "my oldest is just small" his response was a first. "I hope he isn't mentally delayed" (it wasn't the words it was the discussed tone he used that surprised me) "Yes he is" I responded then he started into a big long speech about how children like "that" are nothing but a "burden" on parents and society and how children should be like fish so we could throw the bad ones back and try for something better. I was so angry I'm generally really not one to get confrontational. I can listen to someone say rude and insensitive things with a smile on my face... (till I get home and complain to my husband). But there was no way I was going to walk away from this one MY CHILD IS NO BURDEN!!! MY CHILD IS A BLESSING. I'm so grateful to have him. After telling this man this he didn't repent or apologize, instead he went on and on about how my child and me were going to hell the Bible says so. How we must be some sort of sinners who have never felt the love of Christ. I know this is a fight I could spend all day fighting with an ignorant man so I mustered up all the strength I could and got into my car without another word and drove away. But I can't tell you how bad it hurts to think that people think of my sweet boy that way. My baby is the closet thing to heaven I have. From the day he was born I look at him and feel nothing but the love of a Heavenly Father who sent him to me... He teaches me to the true meaning of Christs sacrifice, the true meaning of selfless love! I love my baby and he is no burden. I may stress and worry and work extra hard for him but I do it all willingly, I do it all because of my love for him! I just want you all to hear this and understand even though things are hard and difficult at times I would never "through him back" and hope for a better fish! I already have the perfect fish. I'm not saying there aren't days when I wish that he didn't have this disease and that everything was normal but that is only for his sake. My heart aches for all he is missing... and a little selfish I don't want to have to say goodbye to my son. But if he comes with this disease and all his disabilities I'LL TAKE THEM ALL just for the privilege of having this time with such a beautiful happy amazing son.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a horrible and completely inappropriate thing to say! I'm so mad for you! ((HUGS)), Emily. Children with special needs are NOT a burden. Good for you for standing up for your sweet baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got this guys license plate number so I can come and kick his @#*! ass! I'm sorry you had to deal with this idiot, I love you and your precious babies <3 Obviously this guy has issues of his own and if he so firmly believes in the bible he needs to learn some love and compassion!!
    I'm proud of you for standing up for your family! I love you!

    Love
    - Your big sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. People can be so ignorant!! I'm proud of you for just getting in the car and driving away. I might've hit him or something. Or run over his foot on my way out... ;) lol. I love you! Special needs kids are a HUGE blessing, and the purest souls on this earth! God trusted you with this precious soul, and I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Mary on this one! She shared this link with me because I recently put up a similar post about my son who has down syndrome. Kudos for walking away! I got so mad just reading this that I know if it had been me I would have beat the sh*t out of him and called someone to bail me out of jail with a smile on my face. Those kind of people make me sick and I hope for their sake I never encounter them with my son cuz I'm not as level headed as you were! Your family is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete