My Little Landen

My Little Landen
This blog has been created to help others keep up to date and follow our journey. I will post as often as I feel there is new news in his condition or our family be it good or bad.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

PT Evaluation

So today was our trip to Kingman for Physical Therapy (PT) evaluation so that Landen can start PT next week. Tomorrow will be Occupational Therapy (OT) next week will be Speech Therapy (ST). So my obstinate little boy (he gets that from his Aunt Susie by the way, yes these things are passed from Roommate to Roommate's child genetically :D Guess what Becka got from me ;) Anyway my obstinate Little Landen decided he didn't want to be evaluated today and when the therapist came in he got off my lap and sort of "fell" into her lap then laid limp as a wash cloth on the ground... why??? I don't know!!! He just sat there rubbing his arms up and down the mat not even lifting them and humming like he does when he is happy. He wouldn't even lift his head for her... THE LITTLE TURKEY!!! He was just trying to make his mommy look silly for bragging about how well he crawled and how much he tried to walk. It was fifteen or twenty minutes he just laid there... she started asking me things like can he lift his head, can he roll over, can he sit on his own... All thing he can do really well. Luckily he finally decided to get up off the floor and play... She did a good job Landen was a little shy around her but eventually decided to like her. She helped him try to walk with a walker (a skill they will be working on together) and assessed his muscle strength and range of motion. I would have loved to have someone here in town available for him but I think they will be able to help him lots! By the end of the apointment he was having so much fun crawling all over the big room and exploring the many neat things they keep in there to help other kids. Now that he is familiar with the place lets hope he will do better tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment